3rd Quarter: January 23 - 27
Monday, January 23rd
Today in class….
- Today we started with our quiz on maps.
- Afterwards, we spent a little bit of time creating some 3D models of some of the crystals we will see in this unit.
- At the end of class, we took some notes about some of the tests that can be used to identify minerals.
Wednesday, January 25th
Today in class…
- We started with a quick quiz on the economic minerals (the first 10).
- Afterwards, we talked about the last tests that are done to help identify minerals.
- We spent the rest of the class practicing with our mineral lab. We'll finish working through these stations next class.
- In addition, we spent some time talking about options for science classes for next year. Make sure you discuss your options with your parents as you make the best choice for your science class next year.
Friday, January 27th
Today in class.....
- Today we finished our mineral lab stations and had a little bit of time to discuss the results.
- Afterwards, we started our next lab which we'll finished on Tuesday. This will be a time for you to use your mineral tests to determine the identity of several different samples.