2nd Quarter: October 31 - November 4
Tuesday, November 1st
Today in class…..
- Today we start with a quick review of the global convention belts as well as high and low pressure systems.
- Afterwards, we spent some time drawing and interpreting various maps of surface pressure, temperature, dew point, and pressure changes.
- Towards the end of class we started to look at weather symbols and the information given in them. We'll practice more with these next time.
Thursday, November 3rd
Today in class….
- After a little review, we started with 'stations' where we got some practice interpreting and sketching weather symbols with temperature, dew point, cloud cover, wind speed, wind direction, pressure, and current weather.
- Afterwards, we talked about the different instruments often used to measure the weather. In particular we looked at a hygrometer which measures relative humidity. As a more hand-held version, we used a sling psychrometer which can also measure relative humidity.
- After practicing with this piece of equipment both inside and outside, but did a little class practice interpreting the data.